Create the color green in different temperatures of water.
What you need: 3 clear containers, Food coloring – blue and yellow, Water
What you do:
- Get water ready at different temperatures: warm, room temperature, cold.
- Pour the different temperature water into each of the containers.
- Add a few drops of blue food coloring to each container.
- Then, add a few drops of yellow food coloring to each container.
- Watch them swirl together.
Questions to explore:
- What color is created?
- How does the color mix in warm water vs. in cold water?
- Try different color combinations. What happens?