An experiment exploring the difference in density between salt water and fresh water.
What you need: 2 clear glasses of fresh water (from the sink); salt; spoon; food coloring; ice
What you do:
- Place a few ice cubes into one of the glasses.
- Add a few drops of food coloring into the ice water; watch it disperse throughout the water.
- Add several tablespoons of salt to the other glass of water and stir it up to dissolve.
- Add some ice cubes to the salt water glass
- Add food coloring to the salt water & watch what happens!