Learn how to fold these beautiful origami boats!
What you need: Paper
What you do:
- Start with a rectangular piece of paper, colored side up (if you're using colored paper.) If you're using origami paper, you will first need to cut ~1" from one edge to form a rectangle.
- Fold the paper in half to form a crease, and then open it.
- Fold the paper in half downwards.
- Bring the corners to the center crease.
- Fold the uppermost layer on the bottom up, then turn over and do the same on the back. Now you have a pirate hat!
- Push the corners of the pirate hat in toward each other to form a square. You'll need to tuck one edge of the paper border behind the other so you can flatten the square.
- Fold the bottom corner of the square up to the top, then turn over and do the same on the back.
- Take the edges of your triangle and bring them to the center to meet again, forming another square. Press the creases firmly to flatten.
- Gently pull the top corners outward. Pull it all the way flat and crease the folds.
- Then open your form out again, forming a boat.
- You may need to pull apart the folds a tiny bit on the bottom to form a more stable base for your boat to rest on.