7 Fun, Wet Water Balloon Activities
It's summer, it's hot, and the kids are bored. The solution...water balloons! Here are some fun ways to learn and play with water balloons!
How We Did It
1. Sort by Color. Sort the balloons into matching colored buckets found at a local dollar store or laminate matching colors of construction paper to sort them onto.
2. Number Race. Write the numbers 1-10 on water balloons (1-5 for toddlers) and put them into a bucket. Challenge your child to run and transfer the balloons in order to the new bucket.
3. Relay Race. Balance a water balloon on a cup and have a relay race. Pass the cup and balloon to the next person in line and it's their turn. The first team to finish wins!
4. Target Game. Use chalk to draw a target on a fence or on the driveway. Assign number values to each circle. Give each child 3 water balloons to aim at the target. The person with the highest score wins!
5. Try a good old fashioned balloon toss.
6. Use an old sheet to make a parachute and bounce the water balloons on it while shaking it.
7. Float the water balloons in a pool or water table for a fun sensory experience!