Make a floating jellyfish in a bottle to play with!
What you need: Tall, clear water bottle; water; clear plastic grocery bag (note: not a produce bag – it is too flimsy); scissors; string; food coloring
What you do:
- Start with a tall almost full water bottle, a clear plastic grocery bag, string and scissors to make your jellyfish. You’ll also need food color if you wish to have blue or greenish-colored water.
- Cut off a square sheet of the clear plastic grocery bag. Less than half of the bag is all that you’ll need to make your jellyfish.
- Gather up the head of the jellyfish and loosely tie on the string around the base of the head, leaving an opening big enough to add water later.
- Cut your tentacles, trimming down to about 10-15 strands of different lengths.
- Fill the head of the jellyfish with water, leaving room for air and keeping in mind the final size needs to be able to fit through the mouth of your water bottle.
- Gently nudge the jellyfish into the water bottle, and add food color plus more water to fill the bottle.
- Close the lid tight and play with your jellyfish by turning the bottle up and down!